Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas Planner






I made a couple of these planners this year (and a couple last year). I gave this one as a wedding gift to a young couple in our church. They were very appreciative of it. And, I'm appreciative of the pictures that they sent because I forgot to take some!

I made all the words on the Gypsy using the "Songbird" cartridge and welded them together. I made the dividers from the "From my Kitchen" cartridge using the "fit to page"mode. It still ends up a little narrow and that's why I added the printed paper to the left side (and it looks pretty).

All the forms I made on my computer.

The planners that I made last year are pretty but the ones this year were even prettier because of my Gypsy. I got it for Christmas last year. I was able to weld and squish (for lack of a better word) the words, to make them no wider than 4 inches, to fit on the tabs. Before all I could use was a sharpie and my own -not as elegant- handwriting!

I had been gathering ideas for these planners for years and finally buckled down and started making them last year. Each one gets tweaked a little bit. I'll eventually get them to where I think they are perfect! I got different ideas for the forms from various places on the internet. I liked a lot of ones that I saw but I wanted something a little different so I worked on my own. I spent many, many hours just on those! I probably should have just used the free ones that were out there. I would have saved a bunch of time!

The envelope in the back is for receipts.


No comments:

Post a Comment